The Gloom Side of The World Tournament

You may say that August 25th was one of the best Friday I had so far. You wanna know why? Lemme tell you that. It was about 1 P.M. in the afternoon, and the sun shone brightly above our head. The air was really hot, and it was definitely not the best circumstances to hold a running test. For your information, I hate running so much. I don't care whether it's only 200 meters or 1 kilos, I just don't like it. Even if the teacher gave me 3 or more weeks to prepare for the test, I will still do nothing to... well, improve my stamina, like maybe doing cardio exercise or stuff. Long story short, I finally did the test. And you know what? To my surprise, I run for exactly 7 rounds, which means I reached the minimum mastery criteria! I don't have to run like this again until... well, next year! 

I was so happy, I was so proud of what I achieved, and I couldn't stop running until the sunset.

But, little did I know, was that what I did for the rest of that day, the running part and stuff, played a huge impact on what happened the day after. Especially for me, who rarely exercise.

That night I started to cough so hard, but nothing came out from my throat. There were no sputum, not even saliva. My throat started to hurt so bad, and even though I drank so much water, it still felt as dry as the desert. My thighs couldn't stop shaking and my calves were not any closer to better. I had a really bad stomachache, my epigastrium hurt so bad, that my body started to tremble for the pain that it caused. My head spun, and it stung so bad. It felt like a disaster, a freaking huge disaster for a student that was going to go to school the day after for attending a not-so-short event.

August 26th was the day of the Magnificent World Tournament. It is an event that is held anually, with a brand new theme every year. And 2017 was the year of the pirates. Each and every one of us, the 3'2020s, was forced to attend the event, and for the fun part, dressed up as a pirate! My class decided to wear matching color clothes, and chose Ajay as the captain of the Cyduck 7's Somalian Pirates! This World Tournament is actually one of the events that school provided for every students to practice speaking English freely. It's a really good event with a really good purpose, and I would love to attend the party. 

But sadly, after what I've been through the night before, I couldn't wake myself up from the bed the morning after. My body hurt, my head spun, I was feverish, I had a bad running nose, and there was no way for me to attend the party with such condition. My mother told me to stay at home and recover myself, so that I wouldn't collapsed on the following Monday. That's not the only thing that I missed on that Saturday. I also didn't attend the Christian Religion Lesson, the prayer fellowship, and even the first meeting of 3's Youth Red Cross Organization. I was devastated, and felt down. I didn't started to feel better until my parents take me to the doctor the day after. The doctor gave me some pills and syrup to make my throat feel better, since it won't produce any sputum that will reduce the pain.

Well, what can I say? I really love to pass the running test, but I hate to miss 4 big events on the same day just because I couldn't control my happiness and force myself to do what I shouldn't do. *sobs*


Komentar

Postingan Populer