A Dreadful Nightmare

(Contain some religious content. Read at your own risk. Thank you ^^)





As the first-born child in a devout Christian family, I was raised to always obey the word of God, which is written in the Holy Bible. I was taught to always be compassionate towards others, to always be kind and merciful, and to always respect the elderly.

But one of the most important lesson that my mom ever told me was "to always praise the Lord, either through the song you played with the piano, the song you sang with all your heart, or even the song you played through MP3". My mom always said that praising the Lord will bring joy to the Father in heaven, calmed my soul down, or even cast out the demon that dwell in the house. I never thought that the songs that I played will ever cast any, any demons that dwell in my house, until one day, God spoke to me through that one terrifying night.

It was a great day, just for your information. And it was late at night, I was getting ready to sleep. One thing I know for sure, I was so happy that I even forgot to thank the Lord for the day, I just slept right away with a lighthearted feeling. (a little tip from a friend, never let happiness get into your way to thank the Lord for that day, alright? ^^) Little did I know, God was about to teach me something that night.

My night was not peaceful at all. I often woke up with the worst feeling that you'll ever imagine. Sweat drenched my forehead, my heart beat faster and faster as the clock ticked by. I saw these awful pictures, spinning in my head like some movie pieces. I saw my dad, screaming for help, holding my youngest sister in his hand. I saw my mom, absentmindedly walking to a place where they put a bomb there. I saw my church burned down to the ground. I saw my friends, the people that I loved and cared so much, lying on the ground, dead.

I screamed as hard as I can, but no one seems to pay attention. I cried for help, but people just run away from the chaos back then. I never thought that a nightmare doesn't have to include ghost and stuff. Even being in a war zone is a terrifying nightmare for me. 

I woke up at 2 AM in the morning, crying so hard that my mom came to my room, and need to calm me down. I told my mom everything that I saw in my dream, and she simply told me to sing. She told me to sing with all my heart, to invite the Holy Spirit to come over. She told me to sing, to say sorry for not praying the other night. And that's where the magic happened. My body started to stop shaking, I started to stop crying. And you know what? I figured out that in the morning after I woke up from that nightmare, a bomb was detonated in Jakarta. I don't know how to feel, either happy, relieved, sad, or shock to hear the news. I thought for myself, what if that bomb was detonated not in Bandung, but in Jakarta? Tears filled up my eyes, and when I started singing, the song magically calmed myself again.

Since then, I know I should never underestimate the power from the Father above.

Komentar

Postingan Populer